CDL Truck Driver, Asst. Shipping Receiving
||Valley Custom Woodwork, Inc.
|| Full Time
|Position Type ||Full time, 1st shift, permanent hire position. |
Normal hours 7am – 3:30pm M-F with overtime as needed.
|Department(s) ||Shipping |
|Reports to ||Production Manager |
Summary of essential job functions
This person will be responsible for Loading their truck, and making tailgate construction jobsite deliveries in a CDL Class B Straight truck or company pick-up truck (Heavy lifting is a requirement). Most deliveries are within 150 miles of VCWI plant and drivers are home every night (in 2014 we had 3 overnight deliveries total). When not making deliveries the driver will be assisting in the Shipping and Receiving Department. This person will be cleaning, inspecting, labeling and packaging finished product. They will Load VCWI and Customer trucks. Receive vendor deliveries, unloading trucks (must complete forklift safety program), checking in materials, putting stock away, and keeping shipping dept. clean & organized. At time the driver maybe asked to fill in assisting production staff as needed if no deliveries are ready.
- Good driving record must be able to provide copy of clean (MVR) motor vehicle record. If we cannot insure applicant without any exclusion, they are not eligible for this position.
- Must be willing to come in early mornings to beat traffic (trucks sometimes leave as early as 4:00 am to be on jobsite @ 7am), and be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Good communications skills, able to work well with other staff, customers (jobsite construction help), and vendors.
- Must be in good health able and willing to do heavy lifting as necessary.
- Must be able to complete all Paperwork accurately. This would include production & inspection paperwork, check in packing slips for incoming shipments, and keep drivers log books.
- Some overnights possible, no more than 2 per month at peak months of the year.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and shop drawings to perform inspections.
- Basic Computer entry skills, make labels, check order into system, and verify deliveries.
Applicant must have the Following items to perform the job:
- CDL Class B Driver’s license with air brakes certifications in good standing and pass a CDL Medical Examination.
- Hard Sole Safety Shoes (Steel toe not required)
- Safety Glasses and Safety Vest
- 16’ or longer tape measure, preferably dual measure both in inches and metric.
- Personal credit card for overnight expenses, all company expenses will be reimbursed within 3 business days after receipts are turned in.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
|Send Your Application|
If you are not a member of RockfordEmployment.com, click here
to create your FREE account.
Existing members, please log-in below to send your application.
If you do not wish to send your application, please feel free
to use the form below to send a quick email to this employer.